Last updated August 8, 2022
We understand that privacy is an important issue to you and we respect the privacy of our Users and aim to protect the security and confidentiality of PII about you that we acquire. Under applicable law you may have the right to limit some, but not all, sharing of your PII. The law may also require us to disclose to you how we collect, share and protect your PII.
We collect information about you when you provide it to us and when you use our services, request information or otherwise interact with our website. We also receive information about you from third-parties who you have authorized to disclose information about you in order to process commissions and royalties (“Fees”) received from third party platforms.
The PII we may collect includes:
- Name, social media channels, link to an Artist’s portfolio;
- Email address;
- Username and avatar;
- Public Ethereum address and Ethereum Name Service (“ENS”) domain name;
- Feedback and correspondence, such as any emails, chat messages, or other communications you send to us via email or third party social media websites; and
- Information which may be received from other sources with your consent.
Other Information Collected
We also collect other information that does not uniquely identify you as an individual. This information is referred to as “Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”). We collect Non-PII when you interact with us and use our services. Examples of Non-PII that we collect includes information about how you use the Services such as device model, browser type, and referring website.
Information From Third Party Sources
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third party sources such as third party exchange platforms in order to ensure that any royalties received by Async go to the relevant Artist.
We also receive information about you when you link a third-party service to our services. Such linkage may include interactions with our social media sites. Third-party sites are governed by their own privacy policies, and you should review those privacy policies before using those sites.
Use of Your PII
We use your PII in connection with our provision of services to you. We will also process your PII to meet our legitimate interests, for example to verify that you have access and control over a certain Wallet, to respond to your questions, to provide and maintain the Services, and to send you updates or notices regarding your bid. We may use your PII to send promotional and other information to you with your permission.
We will not use your PII for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission. You may opt out of having your PII shared with third parties, or from allowing us to use your PII for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization. If you choose to so limit the use of your PII, certain features or Async services may not be available to you.
Sharing of Your PII
Async does not disclose PII relating to current or former customers to any third-parties, except to those who require access to the data in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to share with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it.
We do not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your PII to any third-party for any reason other than the purposes described below:
- We may disclose or transfer information we collect to a purchaser of our business.
- We may share your information with law enforcement, and officials, or other third-parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of PII is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of any of our terms and conditions or any other applicable policies.
Other circumstances under which we may disclose your PII in order to:
- Comply, as necessary, with applicable laws and regulatory requirements, as well as legal process;
- Respond to mandatory legal or governmental requests or demands for information;
- Protect ourselves, our Users or the general public from illegal activities.
We may have links to third-party websites on our website. Third-party websites have their own privacy policies, which are not under our control; we encourage you to review the privacy policies of all third-party websites you visit.
Async also uses Google Analytics. The following link explains how Google uses data when you use its partners’ websites and applications: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Your use of Async’s website is evidence of your consent to Async storing and accessing cookies and other information on your computer or phone and Async’s use of Google Analytics in connection with such activities. Please read the information at the link provided so you understand what you are consenting to.
Async strives to ensure that our systems are secure and that they meet industry standards. We seek to protect PII that is provided to Async by third-parties and by you by implementing physical and electronic safeguards. Async endeavors to engage third-party service providers that have security and confidentiality policies, if such third-party service providers have access to our customer’s PII.
Despite our efforts to protect the security of your information, no security system is always effective and we cannot guarantee that our systems will be completely secure.
How You Can Request to Access, Change, or Erase Your Information
You are entitled to make requests regarding the processing and storage of your PII. Specifically, you may submit a request to us to take the following actions in relation to your PII that we hold:
- Opt-out. You may request that we stop sending you direct marketing communications which you have previously consented to receive. We may continue to send you service-related and other non-marketing communications.
- Access. You may request we provide you with information about our processing of your PII and give you access to your PII.
- Rectify. You may request we update or correct inaccuracies in your PII.
- Erase. You may request we erase your PII.
- Export. You may request we transfer a machine-readable copy of your PII to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. You may request we restrict the processing of your PII.
- Object. You may object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your PII that impacts your rights.
You may do this at any time by emailing privacy@Async.art. Note that we may refuse to grant your requests in whole or in part as permitted by applicable law.
Retention of PII
“Do Not Track” Policy
California law requires us to inform you how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. Because no industry or legal standard exists for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we do not respond to them at this time. This policy is subject to change as the privacy community and industry develop best practices for responding to DNT signals.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PII TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PII, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PII WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PII THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILING PRIVACY@ASYNC.ART. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
When Do We Store, Transfer or Process PII Internationally?
Whenever we transfer your PII out of the EEA to the U.S. or countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of PII protection, the transfer will be based on a data transfer mechanism recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for PII.
Asynchronous Art, Inc.,
649 Mission St, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105.
If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your PII or response to your requests regarding your PII, you may contact us at email@example.com or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.